dam-cmis-profile-discuss message

Subject: RE: [dam-cmis-profile-discuss] Draft Technical Committee Charter: CMIS4DAM

Hi Ray,

> Is that the sort of feedback you were looking for?

Yes, definitely, that's exactly what I was looking for.

You make a fair point about the use cases and expanding the scope outside metadata.  I am envisaging a lot of effort just to get the metadata elements widely used and accepted across the DAM industry which is probably why I focussed on it.  You are correct, however, we should still anticipate this so there is some kind of road map for the work ahead.

I will expand the scope section and make the required adjustments to the statement of purpose.  I'm not sure where to put the use cases, do they go in this proposal, or a separate document?  I see there is an FAQ section, would that be suitable?

This is the first OASIS Technical Committee proposal I've written, so any guidance on how to structure this properly (what to go where etc) would be greatly appreciated.  I'll review some of the other examples that Chet has passed on also.

Thanks,

Ralph