dcml-frame message

Subject: Anticipated closure of this TC, merger of work into DCML Framework

     OASIS staff has been informed by the leadership of this committee and
the DCML Member Section steering committee that this TC's intent is to
close and merge its activities with the DCML Framework TC.  The DCML
Framework TC is considering, and hopes shortly to approve, a charter change
that would consolidate all technical development of DCML under that
technical committee, and rename it as the "DCML Configuration Management
TC". [1]

     The charter of that TC (both now and after the anticipated amendment)
appears to encompasses the work described in this technical committee's
charter as well.  The activities and plans of the Framework TC can be
viewed at [2].  Accordingly, we encourage parties interested in this
committee's work to join and participate in the DCML Framework TC.

     OASIS rules permit and in some cases require OASIS staff to close a
technical committee that falls below certain activity indicators.  Because
the members of this group work plan to continue it in the Framework TC, we
plan to close this committee in one week (on 8 March), unless there are
objections and a plausible plan for separate continuation.

      We appreciate all of the contributions of the past and current
members of this TC.  While its forward work will be carried on, and visible
at, the Framework TC [2, all of the prior correspondence and work of this
DCML Applications & Services TC will remain permanently available to
implementers and the public in our archives as well. [3].

Best regards  JBC

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dcml-frame/200603/msg00000.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dcml-frame
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dcml-appserv