Subject: Minutes of meeting from 30 Jan 2012

Hi all,

Apologies for my late delivery of these minutes.

Reminder, our next TC meeting will be on 27 Feb 2012.

Gershon

Committee meeting -- Monday, 30 January 2012, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

1. Roll call

> Quorum achieved.
> Regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Briana Wherry
> Rodolfo pointed out that the rules for voting rights had changed from when
> Gershon and JoAnn checked them in mid-2011.
> According to KAVI's roster, the rules are: "Voting members must have attended at
> least 3 of the last 5 meetings."
> However, KAVI is wrong, because according to the TC process document here:
> http://oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
> the rules are specified as Gershon has been applying in his spreadsheet
> (Attend two consecutive meetings to gain voting membership at the end of the
> second meeting; Absent from two consecutive meetings to loose voting rights at
> the end of the second missed meeting.)
> So it appears that KAVI has changed, but the rules have not...
> This TC will continue to apply the rules as stated in the TC process document
> and NOT as stated in KAVI.

2. Accept minutes from previous business meeting (24 October 2011: Briana)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201111/msg00002.html

> Minutes accepted.

3. Next meeting: Monday, 13 February 2012, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

4. Review open action items
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/members/action_items.php See potential additions from new participants

5. Business

NEW ITEM: Changes to some member statuses; discuss and plan activities for 2012

> Paul Grosso left PTC. Replaced by Chris Nitchie who joined the call for the
> first time.
> Gershon Joseph plans to resign from OASIS due to changes in his role at Cisco;
> He is working on replacements from Cisco and will notify the TC when a plan is
> in place.

ITEM: OASIS specs for HTML output for committee notes [JoAnn]
Chet sent some specs to Gershon, passed on to JoAnn for Hal to implement new plug-in

> DISCUSSION around the OASIS process hindering our ability to publish articles
> at a pace that meets market needs.
> Also, discussion around whether this TC should be focusing on articles or other
> aspects of DITA adoption.
> What about the focus area -- perhaps it should be an integrated part of this
> TC's work and not a SC?

> ACTION: ALL members to review the current charter for discussion next meeting.
> Current TC charter is here:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dita-adoption/charter.php

> ACTION: ALL members to think about ways in which this TC could (or should)
> operate within the confines of the current OASIS policies. Discuss further next
> meeting.
> Is OASIS still the best forum for our DITA adoption activities?

-- Out of time. Meeting adjourned.--