Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] Heads-up: 04-06-2021 Adoption TC Meeting Agenda Item on TC Name

Hi Stan, hi everyone -Â

i just saw your notice to the TC. I'm not sure if we exchanged emails on this or not. I know that I went over this recently with someone but can't find the email. Regardless, I'm writing to let you all know that in order to change the TC name, you will have to start a new TC from scratch. This is covered in the 3rd paragraph of section 1.9 of the TC Process -Âhttps://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26/#rechartering

"Rechartering shall not change the TC name nor the IPR Mode of the TC. If a different name or IPR Mode is desired then a new TC (with a unique name) must be formed and the normal rules for creating a new TC apply."

Personally, I like "Advocacy" and I'd support this if I could. But the rules give me no wiggle room for interpretation.Â

Let me know if you want to discuss further and if you want to discuss how you could relaunch as a new TC, I'll be happy to go over that with you.Â

Best,Â

/chet