Subject: Re: "Any number" of elements.

Hi David,

XMetaL should not require any other element preceding <section> in this situation; the fragment you have shown is creatable and valid in my default installation of XMetaL 6.

As an aside, XMetaL 6 came out before DITA 1.2 and therefore includes only the DITA 1.1 DTDs (unless you also have an add-on set of files we called the "DITA 1.2 Configuration Kit", in which case you would indeed have the 1.2 DTDs). But the content model for <conbody> was (as far as the current question is concerned) effectively the same in 1.1 as it is in 1.2 -- it's OK to have just a <section>.

If you'd like to drop me a note offline, I'd be happy to help you figure out why your XMetaL is behaving differently.

mag