Subject: Classification domain and classification map: DITA TC is considering removing this from DITA 2.0

The DITA TC is considering removing the classification domain and the classification map from DITA 2.0. The reasons why we are considering this:

If we remove it, we will make the classification domain available in our OASIS Open GitHub repository so that folks who are currently using it can integrate it into a custom document-type shell.

We also are considering replacing the domain with a single attribute that authors could specify on a <topicref> element to indicate that certain subjects apply to a topic and its children.

The DITA TC welcomes feedback. If you are using the classification domain/classification map, let us know.

--
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein