Subject: RE: [dita-lightweight-dita] Feedback from Syncro Soft on Oxygen support for LwDITA

Thanks for passing on the feedback, Stan!

I think, Radu got an interesting point here. You cannot distinguish HTML from HDITA, unless you stumble over some constructs specific to HDITA.
I'm sure, you have discussed this in the past: why not to include a marker of any kind to indicate that the current document is indeed HDITA and not HTML? That marker could of course be anything from some meta information in the header section to the bold step of adding an attribute to the <html> element itself. (Then it would probably be wise to not add anything that isn't covered by the current set of HTML 5 specs.)
Of course, a spec such as LwDITA also has implementors such as the good folks from SyncroSoft as audience. So is here possibly a point where we would have to add some identifying information that functions as an HTDITA marker?

Thanks,
f.

-----Original Message-----
From: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Dr. Stanley Doherty
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 14:55
To: dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi --
Following up on my action item from Monday's meeting -- Radu Coravu from Syncro Soft got right back to me with some feedback on future Oxygen support for LwDITA. Radu gave permission to share this with the SC.
Stan
Hi Stan,

Thanks for the samples, indeed right now we do not support those features. We also had no request from our end users to support them so far.

I added an internal issue to try and see if we can get the conrefs to work in the Markdown preview area.

As for HDITA, unfortunately to Oxygen it looks like a plain HTML document, I added another issue for trying to resolve those hdita conrefs in the Author visual editing mode but I'm not sure how we could detect in the application that the opened HTML document is hdita or plain HTML.

Regards,

Radu

Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor

Software AG â Sitz/Registered office: UhlandstraÃe 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany â Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Sanjay Brahmawar (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Elke Frank, Dr. Matthias Heiden, Dr. Stefan Sigg - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich - http://www.softwareag.com