Subject: RE: <prolog> and <data>

Yes, I would agree to that statement, Kris. Thanks for clarifying your point.

We should be able to tackle this then, once we have discussed it in the next regular SC meeting and the group as a whole agrees.

f.

From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
Sent: Monday, 9 January 2023 11:30
To: Wegmann, Frank <Frank.Wegmann@softwareag.com>; dita-lightweight-dita (dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org) <dita-lightweight-dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi, Frank. I certainly think that having the facility to apply metadata on a topic level in HDITA and MDITA is critical

But I don’t think that having a equivalent of <prolog> is necessary for HDITA and MDITA. There isn’t really an equivalent in HDITA, and the representation for topic-level metadata is <meta> elements. For MDITA, I’d think it should be variables defined in a YAML front-matter header.

Best,

Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee