dita-s1000d-discuss message

Subject: RE: [dita-s1000d-discuss] Welcome to the DITA-S1000D Interoperability Discussion List!

Thank you Scott for breaking the ice on the group introductions.

I too would like to welcome those of you who have joined the list and look
forward to an exchange of information and interesting discussions.

My expertise is that of S1000D (EPWG member), ATA iSpec2200, and other
aerospace related standards.  My previous background from being a
Information Architect is that of a technical writer and systems analysis
dating back to Interleaf and SGML days.  I will also sprinkle in some level
of DITA understanding.

Again, I look forward to seeing where this where lead and look forward to
working with you all.

Kindest Regards,

- Jeff Deskins

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hudson [mailto:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:18 AM
To: dita-s1000d-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-s1000d-discuss] Welcome to the DITA-S1000D Interoperability
Discussion List!

Hello,

I would like to extend a warm welcome to those joining the DITA-S1000D
Interoperability Discussion List. The purpose of this list is to facilitate
an effort to create an S1000D Specialization of DITA to promote
interoperability. This will also provide an opportunity for mapping DITA
content to S1000D.

Before we begin discussing mappings and equivalent structures between the
two standards, I would like to take a quick skills inventory of those
involved. Please send the list a brief description of your involvment,
interests and skills with the standards.

My expertise is primarily in DITA, as I am a member of the OASIS DITA TC. I
have created both topic and domain specializations for DITA.

I look forward to our discussions! Thank you for your participation.

Best regards,

--Scott