dita-s1000d-discuss message

Subject: RE: [dita-s1000d-discuss] Kicking off the New Year

Scott, do you think such real world use cases exist? I agree with your proposal and think it is one of the first things that a S1000D/DITA committee would do. However, if there's question as to whether the business needs exist or not, then that is something that should be discussed in this discussion mailing list because it is central to the question of whether a TC or subcommittee should be formed. No real world business need = no need to form a committee.

/chet
-----Original Message-----
From: Tsao, Scott [mailto:scott.tsao@boeing.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:03 AM
To: Scott Hudson; Chet Ensign
Cc: dita-s1000d-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

To respond to Scott's solicitation below, I was taking the 3rd approach by suggesting that we develop some realistic interoperability scenarios first (see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-s1000d-discuss/200701/msg00002.html).  I think that anything we do here should be driven by the real use cases that would bring business value to the industry, not by the wants of a group of IT professionals.  For example, we need to ask ourselves this question: "What is the real use cases (and the associated business value) for making provisions for the round-trip (content interchange) between DITA and S1000D?"

Regards,

Scott Tsao
Enterprise Architecture and Integration
The Boeing Company