dita-s1000d-discuss message

Subject: Re: [dita-s1000d-discuss] Two Approaches to DITA/S1000D Integration

Scott Hudson wrote:

> Based on feedback received previously on this list, there does not
> appear to be sufficient interest or business case to form a full
> Technical Committee to address full interoperability between S1000D and
> DITA.

Does anyone have any theories as to why there is a lack of interest? My
own feeling is that the ability to extend them makes both S1000D and
DITA designed to be broken, providing only a moderate degree of data
interchangeability. Putting them together just starts looking like the
new DocBook - useful for some tasks, but overall not the answer. Data
problems are hard - S1000D and DITA push them further down the chain,
but they don't fix them, IMHO.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mcarr@allette.com.au