OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 10 July 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 10 July 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 10 July 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 70 minutes.

1.  Roll call

        Robert Anderson
        Don Day
        Kevin Farwell
        JoAnn Hackos
        Gershon Joseph
        Charles Pau
        Rodolfo Raya
        Yves Savourel
        David Walters

        Felix Sasaki
        Andrzej Zydron

2.  Accept the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

    Accepted. [Moved by Don, seconded by Yves, no objections.]

3.  Review open action items:

    ACTION -- Don to inform us where to publish our best practices.

        Closed. See summary[3].
    ACTION  -- Rodolfo to prepare an outline for this best practice document 
    for translating DITA and submit to list for discussion at a future meeting. 
    At that meeting, SC should agree on the outline.

        In progress.

4.  Returning business:

4.1 Discuss Gershon Joseph's next draft of the best practice for legacy TM
    In progress. Gershon hopes to submit draft tomorrow for review.

4.2 X-LIFF transforms continued discussion.
    Discuss Rodolfo's draft outline for an XLIFF best practice document
    for translating DITA if it is ready to discuss.
    --ACTION-- Everyone to read Rodolfo's XLIFF article[2] and
    provide feedback to Rodolfo this week via the mailing list.

4.3 Discuss JoAnn's draft Best Practices for Indexing. Want to clarify this 
    document. It will be incorporated into the full Best Practice statement 
    that JoAnn and Andrzej are authoring.

    --ACTION-- Robert and JoAnn to work on wording of note to keyword element 
    noting that it is considered inline when inside topics, but as standalone 
    segments when inside <keywords> (in prolog).

    --ACTION-- Rodolfo and Andrzej to investigate how translation tools can 
    differentiate between these keyword elements as inline and standalone 

    --ACTION-- JoAnn to take to TC our concerns about both the start and end 
    index range markers holding the index term.
-- Meeting adjourned at 09:10am PT --

5.  New Business:

5.1 Handling multi-language documents

    Charles Pau and others to provide examples to the list for discussion

    Don requests to move this item to the agenda of the next meeting.

5.2 Andrzej provided examples of the need to change reusable building block 
    to the group for discussion. 

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200606/msg00018.html
[2] http://www.heartsome.org/EN/xliff.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200607/msg00008.html

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]