dita-translation message

Subject: Re: Revised version of the Acronym/Glossary Proposal

Hi Bruce,
Thanks, I hadn't noticed this! I think it was a typo..... "emit" should
have been "omit".

Robert, could you change the sentence:
A glossary publishing process should emit the surface form for the term.

to what I propose in the attached file (I'm attaching it to avoid
corruption by e-mail clients). This new content also addresses Bruce's
suggestion that we mention glossary output formats. Perhaps you should put
this in the section "Usage for glossary publishing".

(See attached file: abs.txt)

May I also suggest that you change the term "translation workbench" to
"computer assisted translation environment" (several occurrences). That is
the more standard term and some people may not know exactly what you are
talking about with "workbench".

Thanks and best regards,

Kara Warburton
IBM Terminology
905-413-2170

IBM Intranet links:
Terminology WIKI: https://w3.webahead.ibm.com/w3ki/display/IBMterm/Home
IBM terminology: http://w3.ibm.com/standards/terminology
Terminology blog: http://blogs.tap.ibm.com/weblogs/page/kara@ca.ibm.com

             "Bruce Esrig"
             <esrig@alumni.pri
             nceton.edu>                                                To
             Sent by:                  Kara Warburton/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
             bruce.esrig@gmail                                          cc
             .com                      "Erik Hennum" <ehennum@us.ibm.com>,
                                       "JoAnn Hackos"
                                       <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>,
             28/01/2008 02:19          "Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com>,
             PM                        Michael
                                       Priestley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA,
                                       "Rodolfo M. Raya"
                                       <rmraya@maxprograms.com>, "Robert D
                                       Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Revised version of the
                                       Acronym/Glossary Proposal

> A glossary publishing process should emit the surface form for the term.

This appears under "Rendition of abbreviated forms". The same text is
carried forward in the version Robert just distributed.

Bruce