Subject: Re: [dita] Proposal for DITA namespaces

Though it's true that RFC 3121 defines a URN namespace for OASIS,
Norm (the author of said RFC) has changed his mind on this.  See:
http://norman.walsh.name/2004/03/03/266NorthPleasant which Norm
wrote after the W3C TAG's Web Architecture document at
http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/
came out in favor of resolvable URIs for namespace names.  Norm
now suggests using http: URIs for namespace names.

DocBook NG uses http://docbook.org/docbook-ng .

DocBook V5 will probably use something analogous.

paul