Subject: Re: [dita] Proposal for DITA namespaces

Hello Paul,

If we use the URN RFC as the basis for a URL based namespace for a http URI
we would have a namespace like:
http://oasis-open.org/dita/{spec_version}/packages/{specialization}

Another TC has used the following namespace format for their XSD
implementation.
http://dita.oasis-open.org/{spec_version}/packages/{specialization}

- Where "spec_version" is the version of the specification that the current
schema
and "specialization" topic, task, reference, concept.  Which could also
include the various
domains included in the current OASIS submission.

Kind regards,
Eric

Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - DBA XML Tools Development
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email: esirois@ca.ibm.com
Phone:(905) 413-2841
Blue Pages (Internal)

             Paul Grosso
             <pgrosso@arbortex
             t.com>                                                     To
                                       Eric Sirois/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA,
             07/19/2004 04:33          dita@lists.oasis-open.org

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [dita] Proposal for DITA
                                       namespaces

Though it's true that RFC 3121 defines a URN namespace for OASIS,
Norm (the author of said RFC) has changed his mind on this.  See:
http://norman.walsh.name/2004/03/03/266NorthPleasant which Norm
wrote after the W3C TAG's Web Architecture document at
http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/
came out in favor of resolvable URIs for namespace names.  Norm
now suggests using http: URIs for namespace names.

DocBook NG uses http://docbook.org/docbook-ng .

DocBook V5 will probably use something analogous.

paul