Subject: Re: [dita] Mixed content in DITA

Don Day wrote:

> When planning for specialization, the content model of section was given
> particular thought. It was realized that specializers could easily remove
> the PCDATA and thereby enable new constraints on the optionality and
> sequence of the remaining block content.  The only other option was to
> introduce a "sectionbody" subcontainer after section title, and this was
> felt to be overloading the design.  If you specialized the title away, you
> would end up with a required sectionbody that is the only child of
> section--an odd vestigial structure for subsequent specializations.

At the same time I would like the ability to have specializations with a
"sectionbody" subcontainer--this is the pattern I use in virtually all
my techdoc document types.

So I would like topic to *allow* (but not require) a sectionbody-type
element that is part of the base topic content model (and not something
I create by specializing "p" or something silly like that). This would
complicate the architectural content model (essentially providing two
paths--the current unconstrained one or a more rigorous one) but would
enable more options for specialized topics.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber