Subject: Internet Explorer does not like DITA 1.0

Internet Explorer does not like DITA 1.0's DTDs. When I tried to open a DITA 1.0 file in IE 6, I get the following message:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Use of default namespace declaration attribute in DTD not supported. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/WorldServer/75x/...

<concept id="specdesign" xml:lang="en-us">

Firefox and Opera has no trouble with DITA 1.0's DTDs.

Chris