Subject: NO meeting today for OASIS DITA TC (see details in note)

It appears that some of our colleagues are away at the STC's 52 Annual
Conference this week. As a group, we are done with the public version of
the requirements list--its up to me to finish my edits and get it posted.
Therefore I see no compelling agenda for calling a meeting today,
especially since quorum is by no means assured this week.

There are some things to look forward to:

1. DITA 1.0 is an OASIS Standard!  Michael Priestley will be updating the
cover page of the Spec documents to reflect the official OASIS format for
approved Standards, and I'm working with Carol Geyer and Mary McRae on the
OASIS press release, which will come out toward the end of this month.

2. We need to start thinking about how to nurture and host the inevitable
specialization activities that are starting to spring forth. I know of
several, and we need to provide these teams with ideas about how to conduct
a specialization process, and plan how we will use OASIS facilities (if
feasible) for a DITA Specialization Registry or other way to host
specializations as spinoffs of the DITA core activity.

3. We need to plan for how to migrate the Yahoo dita-users group to the
OASIS mailing lists that are being prepared for users of the Standard.

I'll put out discussion notes in the mailing list on these and other topics
so that we have specific threads to respond to.  I look forward to your
thoughts on these subjects.  Be seeing you!

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee