Subject: Accessibility for DITA

Team... I received this note just this morning from Jan Rietveld:

"Three months ago CEN/ISSS started a Workshop on Document Processing for
Accessibility (CEN/ISSS WS DPA). The subject of this workshop is close
connected to the subject of OASIS DITA. For your information I attach the
business plan to this mail.

At the kick-off meeting of the workshop it was suggested to start a liaison
with OASIS DITA. I hope the TC is interested in such a liaison.

Everyone who is interested can join the workshop. They do not have to be
nominated by a National Body. Also we can be very liberal with the
distribution of our document. So if people want to receive them they can
email me and I will add their email address to our distribution list.

If the OASIS DITA is interested in a liaison we (hopefully) will appoint a
liaison officer in our next CEN/ISSS WS DPA meeting November 2005. In the
meantime, is there someone I can send the WS DPA documents so the TC stays
informed about our work?"

Accessibility is very important for DITA to be able to demonstrate.  It is
partly a markup issue, and the markup has to be supportable in tools as
well.  I'll upload the business plan later if it seems relevant. For today,
I would just like for us to formulate an acknowledgement and get this on a
next agenda.

Regards,
--
Don Day