Subject: Re: [dita] Congratulations and next steps

I started work on a Roadmap document that starts to organize how this and
subsequent releases might look, and tried to apply Erik's suggestions to
this admittedly outline-level view of things.  I think we can develop more
specific messages or other documents once we agree on the roadmap discourse
and the links provided for it.  I welcome your comments on how this is
shaping up:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Roadmap_for_DITA_development#preview

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot

             Erik
             Hennum/Oakland/IB
             M@IBMUS                                                    To
                                       "Paul Prescod"
             02/21/2006 05:32          <paul.prescod@blastradius.com>
                                       dita@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [dita] Congratulations and next
                                       steps

Hi, Paul:

Maybe we could distill the new DITA 1.1 features to two main themes:

* Book deliverables (bookmap / bookinfo, shortdesc enhancement, indexing
enhancements, graphic scaling)

* Data extensibility (extensible metadata attributes, <data> element,
<unknown> element for foreign vocabularies)

Would that support crisp messages along the lines you suggest below?

Erik Hennum
ehennum@us.ibm.com

PS. With the universal attributes sweeping up after the crowd.

"Paul Prescod" <paul.prescod@blastradius.com> wrote on 02/21/2006 09:46:08
AM: