Subject: Implicit work for DITA 1.1

As I worked last night on a new Roadmap document to provide context for our
1.1 scope of work, I got to thinking of several implicit activities that
are not necessarily represented as work items for 1.1. We need to get these
on the table so that we can manage them in the schedule we still need to
develop. What else do we know to be part of the required work to get the
draft ready for review?

 * "bug fixes" for the specification docs (gather all comments and known
reports)

 * Creation of documentation for new language elements (sizeable for
Bookmap)

 * Remaining design work for approved items that have not had review yet.

 * Reviews of these intermediate docs before they are submitted to the
Editors

 * Decision about how to incorporate new DTDs/Schemas into the 1.1
deliverable package (move our approved Bookmap into the core directories?
or retain a /specialization subset thought? can't leave it in /demo!)

 * Testing of the DTDs/Schemas (need sample docs, test cases)

 * Guidelines for implementors (especially so that existing FO transform
projects for bookmap can be updated)

 * Review any IP considerations for design thoughts we have contributed to
these 1.1 items.  We need to decide soon on when to transition to the new
OASIS IP policy.

 * Of course, the input from the Translation Subgroup that we're expecting.

What else?

Regards,
--
Don Day