Subject: Negative values

This document describes negative values:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17329/IssueNumber20.ht
ml

It isn't explicit about the semantics of them. For example, it implies
that negative and positive values can be combined in a single attribute
(otherwise why say that the NOT operator only applies to a single
value). But I would have thought that a negation of value A implies
value B by definition. Therefore explicitly stating value B is
redundant.

audience="NOT paul"

Means everybody but paul. Therefore saying "everybody but paul plus
janice" is redundant. In programming language terms:

If Audience!=paul OR audience=janice

Although I am a fan of the goals of this feature, I am not convinced
that we can work out the details in the time we have. Plus I think that
it is a bit of scope creep beyond what the TC agreed to. The same goes
for the scope attribute.

 Paul Prescod