Subject: RE: [dita] Formal Imagemaps

For clients that require all tables to have captions, I currently use
tools let me enforce the title, even though the DTD does not.

Not ideal, since DocBook tables require the caption (as do their figures),
which ensure the authors stay in line :) without the need to customize the
authoring tool.

I'm in favor of adding formal tables and figures to a future DITA release.
Don, could you add this to the list of features for the future please?

Best Regards,
Gershon

-----Original Message-----
From: JoAnn Hackos [mailto:joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:48 PM
To: gershon@tech-tav.com; dita@lists.oasis-open.org

I'm having a problem, too, with missing captions on both figures and tables.
Many corporate style guides require figure and table captions in all cases,
not some of the time. I wonder, for example, why there is no figure
caption(title) available for simple tables.

We can specialize at the moment, but it shouldn't be necessary.

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.