OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 27 June 2006

Please note there will NOT be a DITA TC meeting on 4 July.

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 27 June 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 27 June 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 55 minutes.

1.  Roll call 
    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous meeting: 
    Accepted by acclamation. (Don moved, Robert seconded)

3.  Business: 

    Review outstanding action items: 
        No new items last week. Review remaining feature signups for agenda 

    ITEM: Feature signup actions--assess the work required to update the spec 
    for new features: 

            Bookmap - Robert 
            Graphics - Paul Grosso (sent impact assessment previously) 
            Glossary = Erik Hennum 
            metadata - Michael 
            universal - Robert 
            DTD/Schema bugs (Robert) 
            Index - Chris Wong 

            Shortdesc - Michael -- in progress
            data element - Erik Hennum -- completed
            Foreign content - Eric Sirois -- in progress
            Translation - Gershon 
            Editing bugs - Michael -- in progress

        ACTION -- Each feature owner to update the Wiki Impact Assessment page
        with a link to the email of the completed impact statements.

    Wrapup of bookmap content model discussions (front/back matter divs, 
    multi-appendexes, glossary) 

        For approval (no objections so far): 

            ITEM: Bruce Esrig's proposal to turn bookpartno? into bookpartno* 
            Accepted by acclamation. (Bruce moved, Robert seconded)

            ITEM: Robert's proposal to base <authorinformation> off of <author>
            instead of <data> 
            Accepted by acclamation. (Robert moved, Rob Frankland seconded)

        For discussion: 

            ITEM: Mark Poston's support for various numbering schemes (may be 
            met by the fix on bookpartno): 
            No change to bookmap model required. Numbering schemes can be 
            added via specialization.

            ITEM: Paul Grosso's comment about leaving appendix in back matter,
            instead of before it. The initial note is here, discussion is 
            Discussed at length and agreed to continue with the decision
            made last week. Appendix remains outside of the back matter,
            immediately before the back matter.

            ITEM: Adding the person and organization elements back into bookmap. 
            Robert's initial note is here: 
            Accepted by acclamation. (Robert moved, Jennifer seconded)

            ITEM: Props attribute change: 
            Decision to roll back part of proposal that moves condition processing
            attributes into a domain and in DITA 1.1 add warning to specializers of
            conditional attributes that in 1.2 there may be additional 
            steps required to ensure the DTD is compatible with 1.2.
            Accepted by acclamation. (Michael moved, Robert seconded)
            --ACTION-- Michael will add the note to the 1.1 spec.
            --ACTION-- Robert to redesign #20 to remove the domain specialization.

4.  Announcements

    No meeting next week 4 July.

Meeting adjourned at 8:55.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]