OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 July 2006

Apologies for sending the minutes out so late this week. Our ISP in Haifa
had technical difficulties this week and are running on a skeleton staff, so
the fix took longer than it should have. Without DNS resolution I didn't
have access to several Web site, including OASIS.

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 July 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 18 July 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call 

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous meeting.

    Accepted by acclamation. (Don moved, Sharon seconded)

3.  Business: 

3.1 Review outstanding action items: 

    a.  OASIS IPR Policy planning: Everyone who represents a company to discuss 
        this with their companies to ensure it's in sync with the company's IP 


    b.  ditaval impact on #20: Michael to send note to the list requesting 
        discussion about flag text. 


    c.  Committee Draft format: Gershon to develop DITA-OT overrides to author 
        and output OASIS specs via DITA.


3.2 ITEM: Proposal for a DITA "Learning and training content specialization" 
    subcommittee (John Hunt) 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00027.html

    John addressed the TC to explain the goals and purpose of the SC.
    Stan Doherty moved to create the SC as detailed in the referenced email.
    Scott seconded.

    --DECISION-- TC agrees to create the DITA learning and training content SC
    (actual name of SC to be decided).

3.3 ITEM: indexing clarification 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00033.html
        (latest on subject) 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200606/msg00125.html
        and following 

    Discussed Translation SC concerns regarding <indexterm> and sub-flows.
    --ACTION-- TC to take indexing issue back to Translation SC to explain
        expected behavior of <indexterm> in DITA. Chris and/or Bruce to
        discuss with Rodolfo and Andrzej on list and/or at next Monday's
        SC meeting. Request for France to participate on the SC call too.

    Paul G addressed TC on his index range concerns:

    1)  What's the expected behavior of index range on <prolog>?
        Chris: Should be ignored.
        Paul: Users will wonder why they're ignored, we should rather disallow 
        them, but this is difficult to achieve in XML DTDs.
        Suggestion to document this behavior.

    2)  Why don't we allow <indexterm> inside <title> to set an index range for
        the entire topic?
        Don: <indexterm> in <prolog> does this.
        Chris: Not intuitive. Perhaps better if index term in prolog
        points only to the beginning of the topic.

    3)  Can users have index entries point to shortdesc?
        Nancy: Leave out for now and see if users ask for it...
        Erik: Workaround exists by inserting <ph> inside <shortdesc>,
        which does allow <indexterm>. Same workaround applies to users who want 
        to reference a specific point in a prolog.

    --DECISION-- TC consensus on the answers to Paul's questions above.

3.4 ITEM: references to ditabases without an explicit topicid 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00025.html 
        (latest on subject) 

    Not addressed due to lack of time.

3.5 ITEM: question on <resource> element in bookmap (Nancy Harrison) 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00021.html

    --DECISION-- Remove <resource> from bookmap in DITA 1.1.

3.6 Announce: architectural spec now available; language ref coming 
    (bookmap updates still arriving) 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00026.html 

4.  Announcements/Opens

-- Meeting adjourned at 09:00 --

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]