OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 July 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 July 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 25 July 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 65 minutes.

1.  Roll call 

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous meeting.

    Accepted by acclamation. (Don moved, Scott seconded)

3.  Business: 

3.1 ITEM: indexing clarification--Paul Grosso

    We do still have (I believe) some outstanding issues about 
    indexes--questions 4-7 in my email at 
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00068.html (latest on subject)

    Paul: Elements that float out of the range are not required to be included as 
    part of the index range.

    --ACTION-- Paul to refine wording for use in the spec.

3.2 ITEM: references to ditabases without an explicit topicid
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00053.html (latest on subject)
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00051.html (Robert's summary)

    DISCUSSION: If topicref does not explicitly reference a single topic, all 
    topics in the storage unit are included.

    Include in next week's agenda to reach a decision.

3.3 ITEM: OASIS IPR Transition planning: which of the RF IPR policies are we 
    aiming for? 

    ACTION: Don to ask Patrick Gannon to send qualified OASIS IP person to 
    address the TC on 8 September 2006.

    Sharon: Would like to hear similarities and comparisons with IP policies
    of other organizations that offer open standards, such as W3C.

3.4 Announce: map portion of spec now available; bookmap and core versions soon

-- Meeting adjourned at 09:05 --

4.  Announcements/Opens


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]