Subject: Re: [dita] DITA TC Meeting Minutes 2006/11/14

For the record, here are the texts of the amendments to the minutes of the
Oct 31 meeting, approved on Nov 14:

Correction to Item 3, by Don Day:

  For the action on the foreign element discussion, I propose this
amendment:

  ACTION: Eric Sirois to provide an updated example and brief discussion on
  using the class attribute with foreign attributes; to be incorporated as
an
  example into the spec topic for the <foreign> element.

Correction to  Item 4, by Paul Grosso:

  Instead of "from text to data", we are removing the "#FIXED"
  indication from the (already CDATA) DITAArchVersion attribute.

  More precisely, I'd phrase the decision as follows:

  DECISION: Robert moves to remove the "#FIXED" indication from
  the DITAArchVersion attribute and to include version-specific
  FPIs (formal public identifiers) in the catalog. Scott
  seconds. No objections.

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot

             Michael Priestley
             <mpriestl@ca.ibm.
                                       dita@lists.oasis-open.org
             11/14/2006 11:17                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [dita]  DITA TC Meeting Minutes
                                       2006/11/14

Minutes taken by Michael Priestley 2006/11/14

> Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
>  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200610/msg00079.html (24
Oct)

Approved with amendments -Don moves, Scott Hudson seconds, no objections.

Amendment: Item 3 Action Item

  For the action on the foreign element discussion, I propose this
amendment:

  ACTION: Eric Sirois to provide an updated example and brief discussion on

  using the class attribute with foreign attributes; to be incorporated as
an
  example into the spec topic for the <foreign> element.

Amendment: Item 4 correction:

  From Paul Grosso:
  Clarification to the minutes:

  Instead of "from text to data", we are removing the "#FIXED"
  indication from the (already CDATA) DITAArchVersion attribute.

  More precisely, I'd phrase the decision as follows:

  DECISION: Robert moves to remove the "#FIXED" indication from
  the DITAArchVersion attribute and to include version-specific
  FPIs (formal public identifiers) in the catalog. Scott
  seconds. No objections.

> 1. ITEM: Follow up on "Use of standardized prefixes when
> incorporating foreign vocabularies"
>  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200610/msg00021.html

Eric Sirois: outcome is explanation of class attribute on foreign element,
lack of class attributes on contained elements.

Action: Eric to provide clarified text for foreign specialization topic -
use of class attributes on non-DITA content

Action: Robert Anderson to provide text on foreign content generalization -
moving content into sidefile, reincluding on respecialization

> 2. ITEM: metadata behaviour in maps
>  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200610/msg00012.html

Robert proposes to add table to architectural spec. Michael Priestley
seconds. No objections.

> 3. ITEM: Ongoing review of 1.1 drafts:
>  * Action: Robert to post recommendation
>  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200611/msg00007.html

Action: Don Day and Michael Priestley to publish updated drafts with
comments/feedback incorporated

Discussion: some good experiences with bookmap so far. Implementations
proceeding.

> 4. ITEM: Translation best practices
>  * Best Practice for Indexing DITA topics
>  * Best Practice for Translation Memory (link?)

Deferring discussion till next week.

Action: Gershon to upload best practice for translation memory document for
discussion/review
Action: TC members to review indexing best practices document for next
week's meeting

> 5. ITEM: Split domains from DITA 1.1 core
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200611/msg00003.html (Kravogel)

After discussion, deferred to 1.2 - but suggested that toolkit could
provide starter topic doctype (incorporating topic.mod with basic domains
only - eg highlighting and utilities and indexing) in the meantime

>Deferred until actions completed
>  Outcome of Kravogel telecon on Nested Sections
>  IPR Transition
>   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200610/msg00075.html (request
from Mary McRae)

Paul Grosso: Proposed that we use RF on limited terms.
Sharon Veach seconded, no objection.

Note this may not be sufficient for a transition, given:

Approval of a Transition Approval Ballot requires i) a minimum of 50% of
all TC Qualified Members to vote, ii) no NO votes cast and iii) one or more
YES votes. (from the OASIS IPR Policy FAQ at
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/transition_faq.php )