Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 1.1 DTD error

Hi Paul,

It has been that way since DITA 1.0. It looks like it was correct back in
the pre-OASIS version, which means it may have been a casualty of the DTD
spacing/comment cleanup at the time the standard was approved.

Because it was in DITA 1.0, this gets into the realm of the backwards
compatibility vs bug area. It is clearly a bug. But, it's just as clearly
backwards incompatible to change the name of an attribute. Changing it will
break existing 1.0 documents, if by any chance somebody is using the
attribute today.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit