Subject: Jeff's (Arbortext) DITA 1.1 Language Ref comments...

...form too big an attachment for the OASIS mailer, so I'm
sending them to Don separately.

Here is the cover message:

-----Original Message-----
From: Grosso, Paul
Sent: Tuesday, 2007 January 23 08:54
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

This message has a large attachment (comment-laden PDF), so
I'm not sure if it will get through to the list, but I'm
giving it a try.

Lots of comments, but nothing too serious beyond our reservations
on ditaval and chunk mentioned earlier.  ditaval doesn't appear
anywhere in the Language Reference, although if it is going to
be part of the standard, I think it should.

I've sent separate email about missing information related to
the scale, height and width attributes on image and object.

The statement "Note: The actual contains or contained-by
information displayed here may differ slightly, depending on
whether the element is used in a map, bookmap, stand-alone
topic, or composite file (ditabase)" appears on many more
elements than I expected (I expected it on topic, task, concept,
and reference). I haven't checked it against the DTD or schema,
but Robert is pretty careful so I suspect it is right. But having
it appear so often weakens the standard in my opinion.  Not sure
what to do about it.  It might be possible to list the different
information explicitly for the different contexts. The need for
this statement in so many places may be an indication that we are
making a mistake in the definition of the DITA content model.

paul (and Jeff)