Subject: Re: [dita] Configuration vs Specialization

Michael Priestley wrote:

> That said, I'm reluctant to take up the task of rewriting the entire
> section on specialization around new organizing principles. Most of the
> content is there, and we might be able to get most of what you want
> simply by reorganizing the topics, but I'm not sure we should be
> attempting it at this point in the DITA 1.1 release.

Fair enough--you've got to husband your resources at this point.

It seems clear that the specialization stuff could stand to be written
from scratch to try to make it clearer--it's a difficult topic at best.
If all the required information is there somewhere then that's good
enough for 1.1.

W. Eliot Kimber
Professional Services
Innodata Isogen