Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 January 2007

--

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
web:    http://www.tech-tav.com
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 January 2007

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 30 January 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 30 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00142.html (23 Jan 2007)
    Accepted (Don moved, Yas seconded, no objections)

3.  Business:

    3.1 ITEM: Ongoing review of 1.1 drafts

        * Architectural Spec: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00039.html

        No general comments on the spec.

        * Language Spec: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00048.html

        Robert: A number of updates are included in the next draft, which I hope to
        send out today or tomorrow. The fix list has been updated with the changes.

        * Fix List: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Fix_list_for_1.1_Language_Spec_draft
        * DTD: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00049.html
        * XSD: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00070.html

    3.2 Issue summary for Architectural Spec from Eliot's notes:
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00149.html

        * Class attribute syntax

        * Limits of specialization > Map from customized document type to DITA

        * Limits of specialization > Customized subset document types for authoring

        No TC comments on Michael's email response to Eliot's comments. We will get
        Eliot's agreement on the list and then incorporate these changes into
        the spec.

    3.3 Discussion of conref href= value syntax
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00145.html

        No TC comments on this issue. Resolve this item on the list.

    3.4 Chunk attribute proposal--redux
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00153.html
        MP mentioned he has Deborah Pickett's approval on this proposed revision

        TC discussed. Feel the email proposal is missing the detail we need to
        vote on the proposal.

        ACTION: Michael to complete this description with additional examples as a complete
        specification for discussion on list and vote next meeting.

    3.5 ITEM: Review schedule for CD vote (initiate the 1.1 review process)
        * action to revisit

        CONTINUED.

    3.6 ITEM: SC updates

        Don: No substantial SC progress this past week.

4.  Announcements/Opens

    Don asked Gershon to update the TC on the status of the OASIS covers

    Gershon: we're basically done. We used some topics with outputclass to get the
    stylesheets to produce the front matter information. The only bug we have
    is we get a border on the cover page that is not supposed to be there.

    Don asked Robert to send the next lang spec sources to Gershon to run through
    the kit. Also asked Gershon to run the Translation SC BP docs through them.

    Gershon: I need to mark up the approved BP docs in DITA XML and then we'll
    run them through the kit.

-- Meeting adjourned at 08:30 --