Subject: Re: [dita] Requirements Before Proposals?

> I would like to propose that we, the champions of each proposal, take
> the time to write up a clear, implementation-neutral, statements of
> requirement for their issues. For many proposals the proposal itself
> will not change but it will be much clearer what the requirement is. But
> for some it may make it easier for us, as a group, to evaluate the
> requirements on their merits and then more clearly and productively
> formulate proposals for satisfying those requirements, where the
> existing proposal is either underspecified, non-existent, or controversial.

I realize I don't make it clear that I'm *not* suggesting we re-evaluate
any of the existing issues--I think we can take it as given that these
all represent legitimate requirements that we have accepted as worth
considering. My intent is simply to make our discussion going forward
more precise and productive by making sure we're all on the same page
with regard to requirements.

W. Eliot Kimber
Professional Services
Innodata Isogen