OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 June 2007

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee
+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 June 2007

Chaired by Don Day
Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 26 June 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200706/msg00047.html (19 June 2007)

    Accepted by acclamation. [Don moved; Alan Houser seconded]

3.  Business:

    ITEM: Dependency sorting for 1.2 Requirements (ongoing)

        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_Specification_1.2_Requirements

        Don asked the TC to go through the list to get an idea of when unsubmitted 
        proposals will be ready.

        12008 - EH: In process

        12010 - EH: Focusing on the previous one [12008] now

        12013 - YE: Expect to start working on it in about 3 weeks time

        12014 - MP: Proposal in place that's almost complete. Anyone who's interested 
        in this should contact me to bash it around before I submit to the TC.

        12015 - MP: Same comment as #12014.

        12016 - AH: Eliot and I have discussed it. We don't have anything yet. 
        In process. Robert asked to be added as an interested party.

        12020 - SD - Researching stage. I just sent out a problem statement for 
        TC feedback.

        12026 - EH - No progress yet

        12031 - EH: It's pretty flushed out. Interested in feedback on what's 
        already there.

        12035 - Alan to ask DB for status update

        12047 - EH: In process; almost ready to bring to TC.

        12018 - RA to send out updated proposal.

        12022 - Has dependency on #12050

        12050 - PG: In process. I have 2 documents that should be ready to send 
        out this week. There're a lot of little things there.

        12052 - RDA: Almost ready

        12055 - RDA: There are a lot of cases to cover. In process.

        12024 - CK: DTDs are mature. We need someone to review them to ensure 
        it's all compliant. Don suggested Robert reviews the SC DTD change requests.

        12038 - JH: We had an objection from Kara to the current proposal and 
        we need to get back to Andrzej and Rodolfo to decide how we want to 
        react to the objection. We'll revisit at our meeting next week.

        12040 - CK: Aligning our topic type with S1000D. This work will take at 
        least another 2 months.

        12056 - SD: Tony has been working on it. Need to move forward with Mary 
        to make the SC official.

        Jen: Eliot is going to set up meetings to discuss the keyref proposal, 
        so interested parties should contact him.
    ITEM: Completed proposals posted this week, for discussion and possible voting

        Proposal 12048 - expanded header for reltable (Erik Hennum)

            Erik described the proposal: The Retable Header indicates commonality 
            - what kind of topics should be referenced in this column. It guides 
            the reltable what kind of topic references should go into the table. 
            Proposal is to extend this capability to allow the <data> element 
            and topicrefs to be in the colspec, then this info will be
            propagated to all topics in the column. Consistent distribution of 
            relationships across the rows of the reltable. Use cases spell out 
            where this would be useful. e.g. for reltable to insert directory topic
            of sorts that lists all troubleshooting or all message topics, so 
            all topics get a relationship to the message directory topic.

            Second use case is about propagation via <data>. This should be a 
            simple extension on attribute value propagation.

            Third use case is e.g. of specializing the relheader, so a specialized 
            colspec could provide a taxonomy class classification. Most significant 
            impact is on processing, since more properties and related links need 
            to be propagated to the topics in the columns.

            Michael: Scoping is similar to using the @type on the <topicref> element. 
            Should the topic type be reflected in the new proposal? e.g. in concept 
            column, task column and troubleshooting column, would we use the colspec
            to set the type? Suggest adding description of proposed linking behavior 
            to the proposal.

            Don asked if anyone else has a need for the use cases in the proposal.

            Michael: With the addition of the use of the topichead to set the 
            linking type, it will address a few use cases that are currently 
            circulating (including those raised by Eliot).

            Paul: Neither I nor Geoff understand it yet. This is a complex 
            feature being added to a complex standard. We'd appreciate a chance 
            to understand it more.

            ACTION: Erik to add description on the linking consequences.

            TC should review this proposal and revisit it next week with the hope 
            of getting approval.

        Proposal 12017 - consistency between map & topic metadata and abstract vs shortdesc (France Baril)

            France: Not clear what <shortdesc> is used for in <map>

            Michael: We do have some guidelines on <shortdesc> and <abstract> 
            in the lang spec now. Basically, shortdesc [when used in topic] is 
            the first para of the content or portion of introductory content.
            When in map, it replaces the shortdesc in the topic for the 
            purposes of the fly-over help or summary content.

            France: I'm actually confused about the shortdesc in the map's 
            metadata (bookmeta in bookmap).

            Michael: The spec states that currently this has no defined purpose,
            so it's best not to use it.

            Dana suggests we add further clarification to the spec. Robert 
            agrees with this.

            JoAnn suggests doing an article (on dita.xml.org) to explain this.

            The TC agrees to make these documentation changes to the 1.2 spec 
            [the proposal was accepted previous meeting].

    ITEM: Chris Kravogel on Secondlife training

        CK: I request to postpone the training until we get voice meetings in 
        Secondlife. Also, we're building a SIM inside the Secondlife DITA area.

        If anyone is interested, contact Chris via email.

4.  Announcements/Opens


--Meeting adjourned at 09:00 PT--

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]