Subject: Proposal #12035 Generic collation

Hi all,

Thanks fo JoAnn for raising the comment about the link between #12035 and localization.  We've had some very productive conversations about the similarities between collation overrides, ruby, abbreviations and glosses, and I've been convinced that #12035 requires tweaking in terms of the content model so that it can be unified with those other proposals.  The idea itself hasn't changed, just the proposed implementation (and the dependency on #12010 remains). Please consider the current draft of #12035 "not ready for more discussion" until I've had a chance to get input from all of the other related proposals.

-----

 2. ITEM: Completed proposals posted this week, for discussion and possible voting
 * #1235 - generic collation element (Pickett)
  * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=24536&wg_abbrev=dita (source)
  * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24568/dita-proposal-collation-
newtemplate.html
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200707/msg00006.html (discussion)
Alan Houser -- Discussed in 10-July-2007 TC meeting.
TC concensus: Defer until constraints proposal.

Michael Priestley -- constraints proposal (12035) depends on "domain and
topic" proposal (12010)

JoAnn Hackos -- Some W3C ITS working group members (e.g., Felix Sasaki)
may comment from a localization (Japanese) perspective. JoAnn will
contact. Don suggestion -- ask Deborah Pickett to provide roll-up to TC
list regarding other discussions.

TC recommends that Japanese use case is reflected in proposal.

--
Deborah Pickett
Information Architect, Moldflow Corporation, Melbourne