Subject: 12031 Controlled values / taxonomies

I am going through the remaining 1.2 features trying
to make sure we understand them and their impact.
As a result, I am sending out several messages, one
for each feature, with various comments in an attempt
to restart conversation on some of these.

Has there been any discussion of this beyond
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200702/msg00059.html

Just what is being proposed here?  Is this something that
goes into the ditaval file, a separate file that functions
something like the ditaval file, some new markup that goes
into map files somewhere, or something else?

To what extent does this provide users with capabilities
that aren't already doable via the ditaval file?

paul