Subject: 12010 Domain and topic integration

I am going through the remaining 1.2 features trying
to make sure we understand them and their impact.
As a result, I am sending out several messages, one
for each feature, with various comments in an attempt
to restart conversation on some of these.

I find I do not understand the proposal at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14849/Issue32.html#Iss
ueNumber32__useCase

I don't understand the suggestion, the use case, or
much of any of it, but I note it says that the scope
is major and that we are "Chang[ing] the current notion
of module inheritance into the more general notion of
module dependency managed by the architecture, including
dependencies on multiple modules" which, whatever that
means, sounds scary to me.

Can someone explain this--both what it means and why we
should want to do this in 1.2--in very simple terms?

paul