Subject: Re: [dita] Enumerated Attributes to be Unenumerated

Ogden, Jeff wrote:
> If these attributes become unenumerated, would the suggested values
> still be included in the DITA specification or would they just become
> open ended?

There are already places in the spec where it provides a "starter set"
of values for otherwise unconstrained attributes (format=, for example).
I would expect that pattern to be used for any attribute we unenumerate
in 1.2.

Note that in XSD schemas you can express this formally by defining a
type that is a union of a finite enumeration and another lexical type
that governs values not in the enumeration.

Cheers,

Eliot

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 610.631.6770