OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 4 March 2008

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 4 March 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 4 March 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 26 February 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00045.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Better name for mitask domain (retained for ongoing discussion)
        url   : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00036.html
        lead  : Kravogel
        Don noted that there was no discussion on the TC's emails this week.

        CK: We propose "machinery task domain" since it was developed specifically 
        for the machine industry. It's an add-on based on the S1000D standard 
        that adds various elements required by that standard. 

        The TC saw no issues with the name the MI SC suggested.

    2.  Translation SC documents for vote (discuss status of pending updates first):

        1.  ITEM: Discussion of "Best Practice for Using the DITA Conref Attribute for Translation"
            url   : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00052.html
            lead  : Hackos

            JH: I was expecting an input from MP.

            MP: I recall a proposal from JH and I responded to it.

            AH: My recollection was that MP and JH take the discussion offline 
            and come up with a mutual agreement.

            JH uploaded the final revised document during the TC meeting.

            DD mentioned that OASIS asked the TCs to provide a definitive form 
            of the document for voting, and the PDF is less easily changed than 
            the Word or HTML formats.

            The TC is asked to review this BP document for vote next meeting.
        2.  ITEM: Discussion of "Indexing Best Practice White Paper"
            url   : http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27201/IndexingBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc
            lead  : Hackos
            notes : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00042.html
                    (discuss Kimber paragraph update)

            JH: The latest one is the August 14th one I sent out.
            The TC is asked to review this BP document for vote next meeting.

    3.  ITEM: Organization of the DITA Specification
        1.  ITEM: Draft of General Conformance Specification (new)
            url  : http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27448/conformance_1_2_wek.xml
            lead : Kimber
            f/u  : http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27461/conformance_1_2_wek.html

            Eliot is not on the call this week. The TC is asked to review the HTML 
            version and discuss on the list and we'll pick it up next meeting.

        2.  ITEM: Rethinking the DITA Reference Docs
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00014.html (Kimber and following)

            RA: We've been following up off-list. I hope to meet offline with Jeff 
            and MP later this week to home in on some proposals.

            Revisit next meeting.
    4.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (Kimber--see many follow-ups)
        * note public socialization of last weeks suggestions on dita-users

        ACTION: Eliot to roll up the dita-users discussion and post that rollup 
        to the TC list in order to continue the TC discussions on this item.

    5.  NEW ITEM: graphical hotspots in DITA documents
        lead : Ogden
        url  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00002.html

        JO: In an XML document we want to link to a particular named object within 
        a graphic, not just to the graphic as a whole. So we need the ability to 
        specify a link to an object within the graphic. It's often referred to 
        as "text to image linking". The reverse "graphic to text linking" is also 
        a requirement (from named object to text in the XML document).

        DD suggested working at a higher level in terms of two-way linking.

        JO: We're going to start working on this soon and thought I'd see if 
        anyone's done something similar yet that we can build on.

        RA suggested extending imagemap.

        ACTION: JO to take our conversation and try to turn that into a 
        specialization off imagemap. Then discuss further on the list.

    6.  Please continue discussion on the list about "Test Environment for SC business" 

4.  Announcements/Opens

    1.  Reminder: US changes to daylight savings time on 9 March
    2. Don on vacation next week. So is Gershon. We'll take next week off and 
        resume in 2 week's time. Please discuss on the list in the meantime.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]