OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 1 April 2008

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 1 April 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 1 April 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 25 March 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00037.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  Organization of the DITA Specification

        1.  ITEM: Rethinking the DITA Reference Docs (resuming from last meeting)
            http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00014.html (Kimber and following)
            Action (Robert and others): mock ups of potential solutions

            Revisit next week.

    2.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (Kimber)
        Action for Robert (with Gershon's help): write up position for list to 
        provoke reaction/discussion

        Revisit next week.

    3.  Getting the 1.2 distribution in order:

        1.  New ITEM: mime type for DITA?
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00042.html (initial post--Hennum)

            Erik not on call; revisit next week.

            Jeff feels if we do have it, we should go beyond the basic DITA 

            Discussion on need to use more than file extension to identify the 
            topic type. Don feels that this applies to conformance.

            Keep discussion open on list and revisit next week.

        2.  New ITEM:  DITA XML Schema backwards compatibility and conformance
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00050.html and following
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00057.html (Sirois' latest proposal)

            Robert: The spec states the expected formats on these values. So while
            we can't validate that on the DTDs, we can expect the processors to 
            validate it.

            Many TC members feel the Schema should validate values stated in the 
            spec, even though the DTD-based applications don't.

            Eliot feels it's wrong for the schemas to be stricter than the DTDs.

            Continue discussion on the list and revisit next week.

        3.  New ITEM: Bug in DITA XML Schema and updates for XML catalog
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00048.html and following

            Agreement on-list that we should fix the bugs.

        4.  New ITEM: DITA 1.2 catalog and doctype identifiers and related matters
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00055.html (Jeff)

            We need to keep duplicate URI and system ID entries in the catalog 
            to address tool limitations.

            ACTION: Jeff to coordinate with all specializers to ensure he has all
            the latest catalog entries. Specializers must change their identifiers
            to the new naming convention.

            ACTION: Jeff will come back with a list of packages.


        5.  Updates on remaining SC deliverables
            * Action: Jeff to post packaging suggestion to list.

            Jeff: In process. Revisit next week.

    4.  Observation on Draft charter for DITA Adoption SC
        * FWIW--nice value statement for DITA from Eliot:
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00040.html

        Don suggested the Adoption SC uses Eliot's email to identify potential
        adoption scenarios.

        JoAnn not on call. Revisit next week.

    5.  Please continue discussion on the list about "Test Environment for SC business"

        Don asked if there has been any further thoughts on how SC specializers
        can test their committee work.

        ACTION for SCs: If anyone in a SC has difficulties testing their work, 
        they should bring it to the TC and we'll provide a mentor to help them 
        get going (install and configure DITA-OT and some hand-holding/training).


4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]