OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 8 April 2008

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 8 April 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 8 April 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 1 April 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00001.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  Organization of the DITA Specification

        1.  ITEM: Rethinking the DITA Reference Docs (resuming from last meeting)
            http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00003.html (comments from Robert)

            Robert walked the TC members through the Wiki page.

            Eliot thought it may be useful to use reltables to manage the links, 
            but would like to try it out. Agreed that the current proposal is more 

            Robert: I also considered reltable, but this solution allows us to 
            include the complete content model, rather than a simple list of 

            Michael mentioned we probably need to discuss the packaging before 
            we'll know what's in the details of the spec.
            Next week discuss this item as part of the packaging discussion.
    2.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (original note from Kimber)
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00007.html (Gershon/Robert discussion)

        Lots of discussion, but no agreement was reached.

        Regarding Eliot's original question: Eliot moved that having an initial 
        paragraph in a list item or not should not by default generate different 
        output formatting.

        Michael: the stylesheet currently does currently treat <li> with <p> 
        differently from <li> without <p>.

        ACTION: Eliot to put a suggested motion in a note to be voted on next 

    3.  Getting the 1.2 distribution in order:

        1.  New ITEM: mime type for DITA?
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00042.html (initial post--Hennum)
            * resume when Erik is next on the call


        2.  New ITEM:  DITA XML Schema backwards compatibility and conformance
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00050.html and following
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00057.html (Sirois' latest proposal)


        3.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Packages (was "Updates on remaining SC deliverables")
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00004.html (Jeff Ogden and following)


    4.  New ITEM: Learning plugin update
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00002.html (John Hunt)

        John requested the TC members to review the latest update. It's still
        work in progress as we iron out issues.

        John will be giving a Live Meeting presentation next week. Anyone who 
        would like to participate please contact Don.

    5.  ITEM: Discussion on Draft charter for DITA Adoption SC
        * resume when JoAnn is next on the call

4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]