Subject: Language specification items

Hi,

Here are a few general questions for the group that apply to the language
specification - I was not sure of a specific contact person.

1. There are a few questions about the More General Task type - who should
be the contact on that? Alan Houser submitted the final draft of the
proposal - Alan, are you the best contact? I am looking for an example of
<process>, a clarification on <stepsection> behaviors, and a good review of
the language spec descriptions - that the proposal itself did not contain
any wording for new elements, so I might not have gotten the intent right
for each one.

2. We're adding a navtitle element to <topicmeta>. This means that
<topicgroup>, which allows metadata, will now allow navtitle to slip in.
Should the language specification say that navtitle has no meaning in a
topicgroup, in order to maintain its title-less identity?

3. Currently the language spec lists an actual default value for the
domains attribute description, with different values for map, bookmap, and
all of the topics. With DITA 1.2 we will have potentially many more
document types and different domains values, including multiple different
values for the domains attribute on (for example) task. I suggest that in
the 1.2 language spec, the domains attribute explain its purpose, but not
list a default. Do others agree?

Other questions have all gone to the responsible party, these are the only
ones that currently need input from the full TC.

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)