OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 September 2008

Apologies for the late dispatch. I thought I'd sent this one off already last week.

Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader
PDI DocTools

Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 September 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 23 September 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00022.html (16 September 2008)

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Subcommittee reports (as needed)

    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee (Sept. 2)
        * Acronym white paper approved by SC; to be submitted for review by TC
            Action for Gershon: check on arrangements for TC review


    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee (Sept.9)
    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee (Sept. 16)
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee (Sept. 23)

        Bob Beims gave a status update to the TC of their work in progress.

    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee (Sept. 30)

        ACTION: Don to contact their chair to invite them to update the TC next meeting.

    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee (Oct. 7)
    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC (Oct. 16)

        Rob Fraklin mentioned Flare now claims support for DITA, but there is no 
        statement of what that means. Suggested Adoption TC follows up...

        ACTION: Gershon to take this note to the Adoption TC.

4.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Proposed packaging and doctype shells for DITA 1.2 -- final discussion and vote 
        * Proposed DITA 1.2 doctype shells: 
          * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Draft_list_of_doctype_shells_to_be_included_in_DITA_1.2

        Michael proposed the following amendments:
        1) All 4 Technical content collection maps should include the full set 
           of domains that topics have.
        2) Learning and training collection should include highlight domain.

        DECISION: The TC accepted the latest proposal, with these amendments, by acclamation.


    2.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Specification Review Assignments 
        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Draft_DITA_1.2_Specification_Review_Assignments

        Jeff has updated the page to add a number of columns to be used to track the review.

        Don requested the TC members to start reviewing and update the page appropriately.


    3.  ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI 
        * Review progress 


    4.  New ITEM: Cascading/Inheritance of default values 
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00007.html (Robert) 
        * Review status of requested meeting to close this item

        Working group will meet later to today


    5.  New ITEM: Reltable header question 
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00008.html (Robert) 
        * Review Robert's action to close this item

        Robert agrees with TC's decision made last meeting.


    6.  ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3
        * Need volunteer to revise the 1.2 page and create new 1.3 list

        Don asked for someone to create the 1.3 list.

        Gershon volunteered.

        ACTION: Gershon to update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki that Jeff started. 
        Target date is several weeks.

    7.  New ITEM: Subcommittee Specialization documentation:
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00020.html (Park)

        Robert: One of the goals I had for the spec is to separate the DTDs out 
        into folders, which would also be separated by SC.

        ACTION: Robert to complete best practice document and copy all SC chairs 
        with his proposal and ask them to forward the email to their SC lists.


    8.  New ITEM: possible change to #1207
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00024.html (Ogden)

        Jeff: We need the TC to review the changed wording. If no objections 
        I'll update the spec.

        Don: Consider this an editorial update that will be dealt with at spec review.


    9.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads: 
        * Lang spec ToCJS: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00014.html (10 Sep) 
        * Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00002.html (4 Aug) 
        * Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00015.html (10 Sep) 
        * DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00011.html (11 Aug) 
        * XSDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00027.html (16 Aug) 

5.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]