Subject: RE: [dita] DITA goes Nuclear?

I've always envisioned a DITA archive like the CPAN archive for Perl (http://cpan.org/).

Could OASIS set up a site like that?

If not, could something like that be hosted on sourceforge?

Seraphim Larsen
Intel Corporation * ECG TechComm
Chandler, AZ * (480) 552-6504
My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ogden, Jeff [mailto:jogden@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:18 AM
To: Eliot Kimber; dita

Eliot, I agree with the comments from both of your e-mails on this
topic.

Is there a good place for people and organizations to informally share
new specializations?  Part of the DITA area on xml.org?  That might be a
way to encourage sharing of DITA specializations that are not formally
standardized. It might be a good way to share early versions of new
specializations before they become standardized as well.

If the specializations don't need to be formally standardized, would the
DITA Adoption TC be a better forum for encouraging this sort of thing
than the DITA TC with its focus on standards development?

   -Jeff

<http://www.rsuitecms.com>