Subject: RE: [dita] DITA goes Nuclear?

As a member of the DITA Adoption TC, I think the Adoption TC would be quite interested in tracking DITA specializations, formally or informally, in the industry at large.  It could also host the information at dita.xml.org.

Regards,

Scott Tsao 曹壽國
Information Architect - Associate Technical Fellow
The Boeing Company

-----Original Message-----
From: Ogden, Jeff [
mailto:jogden@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:18 AM
To: Eliot Kimber; dita

Eliot, I agree with the comments from both of your e-mails on this topic.

Is there a good place for people and organizations to informally share new specializations?  Part of the DITA area on xml.org?  That might be a way to encourage sharing of DITA specializations that are not formally standardized. It might be a good way to share early versions of new specializations before they become standardized as well.

If the specializations don't need to be formally standardized, would the DITA Adoption TC be a better forum for encouraging this sort of thing than the DITA TC with its focus on standards development?

   -Jeff