OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 2 December 2008


Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader
PDI DocTools

Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 2 December 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 2 December 2008 at 08:00am PT for
30 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200811/msg00049.html (25 Nov 2008) 

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Subcommittee reports (as needed)
    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee

    > John Hunt updated the TC on their progress.

    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA for Technical Standards
    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC

4.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Specification Review Assignments
        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Draft_DITA_1.2_Specification_Review_Assignments

        > See updated DTDs and Schema listed on the Wiki below the agenda.
        > Robert: Expect Jeff to move forward in the coming days, with a partial
        > drop on 8 Dec.

        > Learning and training overview is pending. John Hunt to supply.

        > ACTION: Don to contact Erik Hennum about his overview on controlled values.

        * Action check: 12011 content model changes (Robert, Eric, JoAnn) 

        * New ITEM: Indicate which elements are for specialization?
          * Action check: input sent to Kristen? 

        > Kris has not received any input yet.

        > ACTION: Kris to email reminder to Eliot.

    2.  ITEM: Cascading/Inheritance of default values
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200810/msg00009.html (ogden)
        * deferred from last week 

        > DEFERRED (Jeff not on call)

    3.  ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3
        * Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon)
        * deferring until next week

        > Gershon asked where best to place the updates. The TC agreed to add to 
        > the DITA 1.3 Proposals table.

        > CONTINUED.

    4.  New ITEM: "DITA goes Nuclear" thread 
        * Is anyone else in the nuclear industry using DITA?
        * If yes, where should specialization go?
        * Revisit this week

        DEFERRED (Michael not on call)

    5.  New ITEM: Keyref not sufficient for general indirection
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200811/msg00045.html (kimber)

        > Picked up from last week's discussion...

        > Eliot summarized as follows:
        > keyref mechanism provides no way to do renaming or splitting/joining 
        > of elements below the topic level.
        > Don clarified with Eliot that we're talking about a 1.3 enhancement, 
        > not to revisit the 1.2 design. Eliot clarified that he just wanted to 
        > capture this enhancement while it was fresh on his mind.

        > ACTION: Gershon to add this to 1.3 list and include a link to Eliot's 
        > email that states the requirements).


5.  Ongoing checks:

    1.  ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI
        * Review progress

    2.  ITEM: Request for input on DITA 1.2 use:
        * Note new list below for collecting affirmations of use.

        > John Hunt added a number of citations from the Learning SC. Don will 
        > add them to the list.

        > ACTION: Don to add a link to the DITA-OT 1.2 download for folks who want
        > play around with the new 1.2 features.

5.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]