OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC meeting, 10 February 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_02102009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Quorum is present.

* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00027.html (3 Feb
Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Rob Frankland; approved by

Jae Sheddy gave a report about the work of the OASIS DITA Semiconductor
Information Design Subcommittee. They are documenting specializations, some
overlapping work with the Spirit Consortium. Michael Priestley asked if
there had been interlock with the other committee; Jae answered that Seth
Parks is a member of both committees. Michael P. stated that it would be
good for both committees to issue a joint statement of support. Don Day
mentioned that any public statement would need to be coordinated with Carol
Geyer, OASIS Director of Communication.

OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee 
The subcommittee is working on best practices for glossary; it should be
issued for review in a month or so.

The OASIS DITA Adoption Committee is working on best practices for keyref.

The Help Subcommittee is about to issue best practices about DITA for
context-sensitive help. They are looking for feedback from the TC and
Adoption Committee during the next two weeks. Their document as been

4. Announcement: New upload of the Language Reference
The ToCJS format is available. Robert Anderson is working on cleaning up
the source files so that they properly use the keyref feature.

5. Review Master Topic List--Gershon
Gershon's latest spreadsheet was e-mailed to particular individuals, not
the list. He will be sending the spreadsheet to the list in another day or
so; people are encouraged to sign up. JoAnn asked for volunteers to work on
this; Elliot Kimber volunteered, with a preference for specialization and
linking/specialization. Kris Eberlein volunteered. Michael Priestley
suggested that for areas of new content, if we do not get volunteers, the
people who originally championed features should get involved. JoAnn asked
Michael what areas that he thought would be challenging; he answered
conref, chunking, and specialization. 

Don Day suggested that the constraint mechanism would be a good topic area
for the Adoption Committee to highlight; it might also be very useful for
the DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee. No one is
currently assigned to write about constraints in the Architectural

Action: JoAnn to capture the sense of this discussion and forward it to
Gerson. Gershon to upload the spreadsheet after he does his final edits.
JoAnn will send a note to the list asking for additional participation.

6. Subversion
Subversion is an open-source document source control application.
Action: Stan Doherty will look into it and give a recommendation for how
the TC should set up and use Subversion.
Action: Don Day will forward e-mail about OASIS and Subversion to Stan

7. DITA 1.2 Language Spec Review Assignments
Don asked whether we needed to keep this page or whether we would be using
a spreadsheet.
Action: Don will write Gershon and ask for clarification about what needs
to be done       

8. Map structure and possible new attribute for conref push and anchorref
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00034.html (Su-Laine
Yeo, Eliot, Bruce)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00015.html
(Su-Laine's "rebooted" version and ensuing discussion) 
Su-Laine stated that she has not heard any discussion, except for a
suggestion about the name. Don Day asked whether we were ready to bring
this to a vote; he asked voting members whether they had additional
questions or comments. Michael Priestley expressed that he was not
comfortable with local-display and suggested media. Michael and Su-Laine
agreed that this attribute is parallel to print and toc. Michael made a
point about first or second-tier content. Elliot Kimber suggest
content-role. Su-Laine commented that we should avoid using the term role,
given the overlap with another attribute. Don Day suggested "usage."
Su-Laine reminded us that we needed to consider the experience that users
coming fresh to the discussion would have. Michael suggested
processing-role or processing-usage. Elliot objects to using processing in
any attribute name. Michael asked what term would disambiguate whether the
usage is about the processor or the user?
Action: To be continued on the list, folks reminded mid-week to discuss the

Meeting adjourned.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC meeting, 10 February 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_02102009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein to
the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]