OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting, 21 April 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_21_April_2009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Quorum is present.

* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200904/msg00076.html (14 April
Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Gershon Joseph; motion carried
by acclamation.

OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design scheduled for May 5, then
Enterprise Business Documents on May 12.
Action (21 April 2009): Don to schedule reports from these subcommittees.

4. ITEM: Cross-references to Topicheads and Implicit Title-only Topics 
Action (21 April 2009): Michael Priestley to respond to Elliots e-mail;
Elliot Kimber to send a proposal to the e-mail list.

5. ITEM: Mapref attribute resolution 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00007.html (Anderson)

* Latest summary of issues:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200904/msg00074.html (Ogden) 
Action: Robert Anderson to send the final summary to the list.
Robert gave a brief overview; there are three open questions:
1) Do multi-valued attributes override or merge when they cascade from map
to map?
2) While @base and attributes specialized upon @base do not cascade within
maps or topics, it is unclear if @base or a specialization based upon @base
cascades from a map to a topic or not.
	General consensus:  Leave this undefined and let the application choose
what to do. The spec should specify that these attributes do not cascade,
although implementation can choose how to handle it
3) How does @scope behave when cascading from map to map?
	General consensus: It will not cascade, since the scope attribute is
specifying whether the target is available  thus not something that
cascades onto the target.
Action (21 April 2009) : Robert to write up summary based on this
discussion; vote next week.

6. ITEM: Editorial Style (can close contingent on following action) 
Action: Gershon Joseph will follow through on this by setting up the
sign-up page. 

7. ITEM: Proposal for new Tech Comm. Subcommittee (Visit on April 21st
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200904/msg00002.html 
JoAnn will announce this on Monday at CMS/DITA NA, can schedule a lunch for
both OASIS and non-OASIS members.
Action: JoAnn and Gershon to move this forward at the CMS/DITA NA

8. ITEM: review Master Topic List--Gershon 
* Subversion clients: 
	o Tortoise: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200904/msg00018.html

	o Eclipse and oXygen:
* Action: Gershon to add content to Wiki regarding basic tasks 
 Latest spreadsheet:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200904/msg00017.html (no updates
this week) 
Work in progress. JoAnn has largely finished the introductory topics and
will upload them this week.

9. New ITEM: Specialization spec packaging (Kravogel via Gershon) 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200904/msg00075.html
Action: Gershon and Chris Kravogel to rephrase the question and post it to
the list.
Meeting cancelled for 28 April 2009, due to members attendance at CMS/DITA

Meeting adjourned.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC Meeting, 21 April 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_21_April_2009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein
to the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]