Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - Draft of the DITA 1.2 XSDs (xsd1.2-20090723.zip) uploaded

Hi Eliot,

I had thought about the idea, but wanted add the info in such a way that it would detract from getting things out the door for 1.2.  Thus the simpler model.  I can easily pull things out in an update if there's an issue. I'm definitely open to ideas.  I hope that we can get things in 1.2 without having too much affect on where we are in the current pipeline.

If we were going to make use of a namespace, I think that the DITA Architecture namespace would suffice (http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/).  It's an existing namespace and one that would not require too much additional work.  It would also seem fitting since the domains attribute is one of the architecture attribute.

Eric

NOTE to members:  This change does not have any affect on the XSDs or DTDs with respect to the validation on DITA documents.  This is metadata that applications may make use of to help generate XSD shells or to determine the hierarchy of a particular module.  There would be an update to the architectural spec if we wanted to externalize the information.

Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - Information Development
DITA XML Schema Architect and DITA Open Toolkit Developer
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email:
esirois@ca.ibm.com
Phone:(905) 413-2841

Blue Pages (Internal)

"Transparency and accessibility requirements dictate that public information and government
transactions avoid depending on technologies that imply or impose a specific product or
platform on businesses or citizens" - EU on XML-based office document formats.