OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA TC minutes, 18 August 2009

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 18  August 2009

Recorded by Rob Frankland

8:00-8:05 Roll call

Qourom today

Approve minutes from previous business meetings:

Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Bruce Nevin; motion carried by

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200908/msg00037.html (14 
August 2009, Frankland)

Subcommittee/liaison reports (as needed)

    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC
    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee (Ann 
Rockley request below)
    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee (Stan, 8/25)
    * OASIS DITA Pharmaceutical Content Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Technical Communication SC (now in effect!)

      DITA in Composite Environments SC (see charter item in today's 

      DITA for the Web 2.0 SC (pending)

      OASIS DITA for Technical Standards Subcommittee (inactive)


    * Michael on review of map element id update proposal
    * Eliot on lockmeta updates

      Eliot on L&T content and schema updates, Robert and Eric S on 
package updates for L&T

Business: Continue first focus on architectural specification

   1. ITEM: DITA 1.2 specification (Revised for the August 18 TC meeting)
          * Spreadsheet and (most) DITA topics located in the Subversion 

about contributors, deadlines, editorial guidelines, Subversion clients, 
and more]
          * Business:
               1. Progress report on architectural spec
                  No new status. Specalization topics done.
               2. Work items:
                      o Scheduling an author's meeting to occur before 
the next TC meeting
                        Email to be sent about 45 minute meeting this week
                      o Possible replacement for Nancy Harrison 
(Processing, selected translation topics)
                        Seth Park has volunteered to take over for 
Nancy- may need help
                      o Uploading Learning & Training arch spec topics 
into Subversion
                        John Hunt to upload files if not there
                      o Content of "Contains" and "Contains by" sections 
for Machine Industry topics
                        Robert Anderson has tool to generate these 
sections. Tool not used for a year. Robert will update tool and document 
it. Robert will also do sections for Machine Industry topics.
                      o Need for (yet another) revised schedule
               3. Conformance statement
                  Status unknown. Eliot Kimber owns it. Not done. Hopes 
to work on it this week.
               4. Question about use of images of rendered graphics in 
                  Action item: Chris Kravogel to include graphics of 
hazard images in next draft.
   2. ITEM: Issue: Map element IDs and references to them
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00024.html (Kimber)
          * Close if Michael has reviewed and agreed to ID uniqueness 
            Possible scenario: Map IDs should be unique if possible, 
duplicate IDs can result in indeterminate results. Michael would like 
result to always be predictable in the processor.
            To be discussed more on email list.
   3. New ITEM: Vote on Resolution to create DiCE Subcommittee
            To determine how DITA interacts with other information systems

            Motion made by Seth Park to approve motion to create DiCE 
Subcommittee; seconded by JoAnn Hackos; motion carried by acclamation.
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200908/msg00041.html (Seth Park)
   4. New ITEM: Terminology for SC artifacts (Rockley)

              Dita for business docs subcommittee has looked at terms 
used around task.
              Would like to make sure the term "simplified task" does 
not make it into current specification.
              DITA adoption committee will monitor use around these terms.
              Don requested that discussion about the Adoption TC's role 
for this and other terminology be had on the respective email list, and 
if any new issues are found, bring them up on the DITA TC's list.

Ongoing checks:

   1. ITEM: Domain integrator
          * DITA DTD Generator


http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00116.html (Robert's 
message with more info)
   2. ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI
          * Review progress
   3. ITEM: Request for input on DITA 1.2 use:
          * Status of DITA OT 1.5 reference implementation of 1.2 features:

                o Note new list below for collecting affirmations of use.
   4. ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3
          * Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon)
          * Action check: Gershon to add his research into the DITA 1.3 
Proposals table.

8:50-8:55 Announcements/Opens

9:01 Adjourned

Rob Frankland
Sock Monkey Consulting, LLC
12408 Kallgren RD NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Landline: 206-780-8850
Cell: 206-963-5541

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]