Subject: Re: [dita] problem with packaging of glossaries

On 8/20/09 6:05 PM, "Ann Rockley" <rockley@rockley.com> wrote:

> I also agree with Bruce that they should remain as part of the base
> architectural specification. And I agree with JoAnn that bookmap is relevant
> to multiple industries, eg pharma could use it for submissions, we just
> finished working with a book publisher and we used it there, it would make
> sense for medical devices etc.

I would caution anyone on the use of bookmap. It's design is severely broken
in a number of ways that preclude it's use for many important use cases.

I would advise very strongly against considering it for anything as generic
as phrama submissions.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>